Virpi is Master of Science in Information technology and a registered nurse. She has a working history both as a nurse as well as within the IT industry. For the past 14 years she has worked with product development of EPR for secondary healthcare. She is specialized in product and service management, requirement specification and leading specification projects for healthcare. She has strong leadership skills. Her long experience in healthcare IT has gained her a wide network of contacts, such as national stakeholders, healthcare providers and IT companies.
Virpi has completed studies in management and leadership and she also has the qualification of vocational teacher. These qualifications have improved her skills in training, mentoring and leading heterogeneous teams and multi-professional work groups.
Virpi has been working in Salivirta since 2018.
Virpi’s special expertise:
- extensive experience on healthcare IT specification projects
- strong strategic planning skills
- understands the needs of different actors within healthcare and has the ability to find the best suitable solution for each actor
- managing large and multidimensional initiatives, ability to see the “big picture”
- strong experience in documentation
- ability to simplify to healthcare professionals the impacts and benefits of changes in their IT solutions as well as national requirements and regulation